DesBarres Manor’s Top 10 Activities for a
Nova Scotia Winter Getaway
DesBarres Manor is the perfect location for a Nova Scotia winter getaway. Far from the crowds and the hustle of the city, DesBarres Manor takes you back to winters past with a range of winter activities that will help bring you back to life. Here are some of our winter favourites:
- Curl up in front of the 19th century hearth fireplace with a good book or a glass of wine from the Manor cellar.
- Warm up from some outdoor adventure with a Full Steam Coffee Co. latte and some fresh artisan bakery on the Guysborough harbour at Skipping Stone Cafe & Store.
- Open the tickle trunk and build a snowman to welcome guests to the Manor.
- Savour Nova Scotia’s “gold nectar” at DesBarres Manor Inn’s annual Fire & Ice Dinner celebrating the Nova Scotia Winter Icewine Festival.
- Play games in the Parlour Room cocktail bar. All your favourites await you.
- Build a puzzle in the private dining room. Our collection is extensive so stay an extra night.
- Find the constellation Orion in the night sky. It’s at its brightest.
- Grab a sled from the Manor and go coasting on the Mussel Cove road. (That’s tobogganing in Chedabuctese!)
- Or just relax in your luxurious guest room.
- Whatever you choose to do on your winter getaway, DesBarres Manor will renew, rejuvenate and restore.
To learn more about all the winter activities on the Authentic Seacoast, click here to go to the Authentic Seacoast website.