Nova Scotia Summer Getaway
DesBarres Manor Inn is a special place for a Nova Scotia summer getaway. Our award winning restaurant celebrates the fresh seafood of Chedabucto Bay. Match your choice of adventure with a gourmet picnic lunch from the Manor basket menu – beach bag, backpack or traditional wicker – and explore the secluded beaches, oceanfront trails, breathtaking views and charming fishing villages. And the Manor grounds are the perfect spot to relax with a good book, some afternoon tea or a glass of wine.
With so much to see and do on the Authentic Seacoast in the summer it is difficult to choose just 10 things, so here are our top 12 favourite summer activities at DesBarres Manor:
- Experience the best of Nova Scotia summer food & wine with a Nova Scotia cuisine and wine dinner.
- Grab one of the DesBarres Manor yoga mats for some morning poses under the gazebo.
- Have the DesBarres Manor culinary team prepare a backpack picnic basket for an oceanside hike along one of the many scenic coastal walking trails.
- Get your toes tapping at the Wednesday evening community Ceilidh down the hill from DesBarres Manor on the Guysborough waterfront.
- Get swept away on a romantic secluded beach with a gourmet wicker basket picnic and beach blanket prepared by the DesBarres Manor culinary team.
- A leisurely full breakfast on the deck. Yes it comes with your room!
- Explore the Saturday morning Farmer's Market in the Jost Building on the Guysborough harbour.
- An East Coast cuisine cooking class in the DesBarres Manor kitchen.
- A round of ocean view golf at Osprey Shores Golf Resort. Manor guests receive a 10% golf discount at Osprey Shores and have access to the outdoor swimming pool and recreational activities.
- Taste a Rare Bird Craft Beer at the Authentic Seacoast Brewing Co. on the Guysborough harbour, named on of Canada’s top 10 Craft Beer Destinations.
- Rent a sea kayak or canoe from the historic Skipping Stone Cafe & Store on the Guysborough harbour and explore the beautiful Guysborough shoreline from the water. When you return your kayak, enjoy a Full Steam Coffee Co. latte in the Cafe and shop for unique Nova Scotia gifts.
- Or just relax with a good book on the deck and enjoy the quiet and fresh sea air.
Whatever you choose to do on your summer getaway, DesBarres Manor will renew, rejuvenate and restore.
To learn more about all the summer activities on the Authentic Seacoast, click here to go to the Authentic Seacoast Resorts website.