Nova Scotia Summer Getaway
DesBarres Manor Inn is a special place for a Nova Scotia summer getaway. Our award-winning restaurant celebrates the fresh seafood of Chedabucto Bay. Match your choice of adventure with a picnic lunch from the Inn’s kitchen and explore the secluded beaches, oceanfront trails, breathtaking views and charming fishing villages. And the Manor grounds are the perfect spot to relax with a good book, some afternoon tea or a glass of wine, a craft beer or a cocktail made with one of our local spirits.
With so much to see and do on the Authentic Seacoast in the summer it is difficult to choose just 10 things, so here are our top 12 favourite summer activities at DesBarres Manor Inn:
- Experience the best of Nova Scotia summer food & wine with a Nova Scotia cuisine and wine dinner.
- Grab one of the DesBarres Manor yoga mats for some morning poses under the gazebo.
- Have the DesBarres Manor culinary team prepare a picnic lunch for an oceanside hike along one of the many scenic coastal walking trail.
- Visit the Authentic Seacoast Distilling Co. on the Guysborough harbour and taste the award-winning GLYNNEVAN Whisky, Fortress Rum, Virga Vodka and Sea Fever Rum. Guysborough’s rum trading history dates back more than three centuries and Authentic Seacoast Distilling brings this proud history back to life. We’ll help you get behind the scenes with our Nova Scotia Spirits Getaway Package.
- Get your toes tapping at the Wednesday evening community Ceilidh down the hill from DesBarres Manor on the Guysborough waterfront.
- Get swept away on a romantic secluded beach with a gourmet wicker basket picnic and beach blanket prepared by the DesBarres Manor culinary team.
- A leisurely hot breakfast on the deck. Yes it comes with your room!
- Explore the Saturday morning Farmer's Market in the Jost Building on the Guysborough harbour.
- An East Coast cuisine cooking class in the DesBarres Manor kitchen.
- Taste a Rare Bird Craft Beer at the Authentic Seacoast Brewing Co. Tour the brewery and learn more about Guysborough’s proud brewing heritage which dates back to 1659. We’ll help you get behind the scenes with our special Craft Beer Getaway Package.
- Rent a sea kayak or canoe from the Authentic Seacoast Distillery & Brewery and explore the beautiful Guysborough shoreline from the water.
- Or just relax with a good book on the deck and enjoy the quiet and fresh sea air.
Whatever you choose to do on your summer getaway, DesBarres Manor will renew, rejuvenate and restore.
To learn more about all the summer activities on the Authentic Seacoast, click here to go to the Authentic Seacoast Company website.