Spring is a wonderful time to visit DesBarres Manor Inn for a Nova Scotia getaway. There's a special freshness in the air as Chedabucto Bay and the Eastern Shore emerge from their winter sleep. And with spring comes a whole new range of activities from lobster suppers to great oceanside hikes.
With so much happening in spring, we couldn't keep our list to just 10, so here are our top 11 favourite Nova Scotia spring getaway activities at DesBarres Manor Inn:
- A visit to the Guysborough wharf with the Chef to meet the lobster boat and select the best of the catch for supper. The Chedabucto Bay Lobster Festival package gets you up close and personal with Nova Scotia's favourite crustacean.
- There are lots of great hiking trails around Chedabucto Bay including the Trans Canada Trail / Guysborough Nature Trail which runs through the back of the DesBarres Manor Inn grounds. Our innkeepers will help you find the path with their favourite hiking trails.
- Spring is the best time of the year for trout fishing on local lakes. The innkeepers share some of their favourite fishing lakes, rivers and streams around DesBarres Manor Inn.
- Have the Chef pack you a picnic lunch to explore a secluded beach or one of our favourite nature areas. The innkeepers have a selection of picnic baskets to match your spring adventure.
- A romantic dinner in front of the Manor's original 18th century hearth fireplace. Choose from one of our special culinary getaway packages..
- Nova Scotia seafood cooking class in the Manor kitchen. We enjoy welcoming guests into our open kitchen and a Cooking Class package will get you in the action.
- An historical walk through Guysborough. One of Canada's oldest communities, Guysborough has been continuously settled since the early 1600s and a self-guided historic walking tour leaving from DesBarres Manor Inn will let you experience some of the places that have shaped the community over the centuries.
- Spring bird watching on the southern shore of Chedabucto Bay. There are nearly 140 species of birds on the southern shore of the Bay during the spring migration. We'll help you get out there with a spring Birding package.
- The course at Osprey Shores Golf Resort is one of Nova Scotia's most scenic golf courses and DesBarres Manor Inn guests receive a 10% discount off their green fees. Book a DesBarres Manor Inn golf getaway package and we'll look after everything for you. A round of ocean view golf at Osprey Shores Golf Resort.
- Experience the seacoast with a sea kayak or canoe rental from Skipping Stone Cafe & Store. The sheltered Guysborough harbour is a perfect spot to launch a sea kayak or canoe in the spring and the friendly folks at Skipping Stone will get you ready for some ocean adventure. Afterwards enjoy some freshly roasted organic, fair trade coffee from the Full Steam Coffee Co. and some artisan baking on the Skipping Stone oceanfront courtyard above the marina.
- Or just relax in your luxurious guest room.
Whatever you choose to do on your Nova Scotia spring getaway, DesBarres Manor Inn will renew, rejuvenate and restore you.
To learn more about all the spring activities on the Authentic Seacoast, click here to go to the Authentic Seacoast Resorts website.